I am currently offering both in person Yoga Therapy and virtual sessions via Zoom.
Registration for Fall/Winter group classes opens in early October 2021.
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy is a practice for healing physical pain and discomfort. I teach my clients to become aware of how their physical body moves and feels, as well as to the connection between their mind and body. Through this awareness, my clients discover how to move and live in ways that lead to the reduction of pain.
Yoga Therapy is an alternative or complement to physical therapy, chiropractor etc. so you can get out of pain and get back to living the life you love. It’s a therapy, not a fitness program.
To learn more about how Yoga Therapy works, check out these blog posts:
As a runner, endurance athlete and former RRCA Certified Running Coach, I am all too familiar with the havoc running related injuries can wreak.
But I’m not the kind of yoga teacher that’s going to tell you that running is bad for the body. In fact, I believe the human body is built for running. Long distance running, specifically, gave our ancestors an evolutionary advantage. Still today, running is a powerful tool we can use to bring awareness to our prana, or vital life force, liberate stuck energy and process emotions.
But it’s hard to reap the benefits of running when we’re constantly side-lined. If you’re struggling to break the cycle of overuse injuries, I would love to work with you.
Private or Semi-Private Options
I offer Yoga Therapy in either a private (1 person) or semi-private (2 person) setting. More on semi-private yoga therapy:
- The package price is the same. In other words, the cost to each individual is 50% off.
- You bring your partner. That can be a significant other, friend or family member. In other words, I do not match you with a stranger.
- I will work with you and your partner together and individually in every session.
- Only packages of 8 sessions are available for semi-privates.
Yoga Therapy IS right for you if…
- Pain, discomfort or injury has impacted your quality of life. There’s something you want to do that you can’t do now, and you’re motivated to find a solution. OR, you’re curious about what’s possible. You’re excited to see if you can improve running economy or athletic performance.
- You understand that consistent practice is necessary for real and significant change.
- You want to be an active partner in your healing.
- You would like to work with a practitioner who listens closely to your story and believes what you say about your body.
- You believe the physical, energetic and emotional bodies are connected.
- You are ready to show up as your authentic self, share what you’re experiencing and be fully seen.
Yoga Therapy is NOT right for you if…
- You’re basically content with your current situation. There’s not a big driver to change.
- You’re hoping for a quick and easy solution.
- You want someone else to “fix” you.
- You’re interested in a straight forward solution that addresses only the physical body.
- You’re afraid to go to a group yoga class because you don’t want the other students to see and judge your body or abilities.
If any of this sounds like you, that’s okay! You might find that a group class or yoga nidra better meets your needs. Please still reach out. I really and truly want to help, even if that means referring you to a different practitioner.
Ready for change?
Contact me or schedule a FREE 20 minute consultation. We’ll chat about what you’re looking for, what I offer and whether it’s the right fit.